Hello low carb world! This past week I had a hankering for something that was filling, sweet, and low carb. Waffles are a definite staple and favorite in my household. I would even venture to state that they are one of my fiancees favorite breakfast items. Of course, she also loves donuts a whole lot (which may be my next recipe). I decided to try out a new variation on my browned butter coconut flour waffles recipe, and boy these turned out great! In these low carb waffles, I decided to forgo the butter and up the coconut oil content, and they definitely tasted great. Although there wasn’t that nutty flavor from the browned butter, the extra coconut oil added a bit more decadence to the flavor profile of these waffles. Topped with some Walden Farms Zero Calorie, Zero Carb Syrup, these are definitely going to be one of my go to breakfast/brunch favorites. Check them out!
Coconut Flour Waffles – (5 effective carbs per waffle!!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes (depends on your waffle iron)
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Better Body Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 large eggs (whole)
- 1 Cup egg whites
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup stevia sweetener
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add coconut oil to eggs and mix thoroughly
- Add in vanilla extract and almond milk and beat together.
- Mix all dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, stevia, salt) into a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients together in large bowl until smooth and well incorporated. (The batter should be a little runny)
- Ladle batter into waffle iron until it spreads almost to the edges.
- Makes 4 waffles (in my waffle iron).
- As they are made, put cooked waffles into preheated oven to keep warm and crispy.
- Eat and enjoy!
*Note: These are estimates based on the ingredient I used and input into Caloriecount.com. My waffle iron made four waffles out of this batter, and this is what 1 serving is. This also does not include any toppings.
If you guys enjoyed this post, please share it and leave any comments or questions below, and i’ll get right back to you. Thanks!