I thought this weekend was the perfect time for my new recipe of Browned Butter Coconut Flour Waffles! With only 5 grams of effective carbs, these waffles were a delicious and delectable treat for this Memorial Day Weekend. Perfect with a little butter, fruit, whipped cream, or just some Sugar Free Syrup by Cary’s that I favor. Enjoy!
Coconut Flour Browned Butter Waffles – (5 effective carbs per waffle!!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes (depends on your waffle iron)
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- ½ Cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 8 large eggs (whole)
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup stevia sweetener
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Melt butter in microwave until slightly nutty and darker in color.
- Slowly add butter to eggs and bit little by little to make sure eggs don’t curdle.
- Add in vanilla extract and almond milk.
- Mix all dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, stevia, salt) into a separate bowl.
- Combine all ingredients together in large bowl until smooth and well incorporated.
- Ladle batter into waffle iron until it spreads almost to the edges.
- Makes 4 waffles (in my waffle iron).
- As they are made, put cooked waffles into preheated oven to keep warm and crispy.
- Eat and enjoy!
*Note: These are estimates based on the ingredient I used and input into Caloriecount.com. My waffle iron made four waffles out of this batter, and this is what 1 serving is. This also does not include any toppings.