I am an absolute fiend for some wings, and my wonderful bride-to-be loves them as well! She just won’t eat them unless it’s at home. So, I came up with this recipe. These wings are baked until they are crispy. Then I toss them in a sauce of jerk seasoning and Louisiana Hot Sauce. These are perfect for having as an appetizer, or they can be a meal in and of themselves. This is definitely one of my go to low carb party appetizers.
Low Carb Jerk Hot Wings Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
2 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Olive Oil
6 tbsp Hot Sauce
3 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
1.5 – 2 lbs Fresh Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Line baking sheet pan with aluminum foil and place wire rack on top of it.
- Put wings in a bag and pour olive oil and 2 tsp of hot sauce on them.
- Shake bag to coat wings.
- Put wings on the rack making sure they have room between them.
- Put wings in oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 min, flipping them halfway through.
- Microwave butter, hot sauce, and jerk seasoning until melted and mixed together. (You may need to stir every so often as they are microwaving)
- In a large bowl, put the wings in and pour the sauce over.
- Toss the wings.
- Serve, and enjoy!
*Note: These are estimates based on the ingredients I used and input into Caloriecount.com. I made one serving to be about six wings. The total amount I made was about 24 wings.