The summer is coming into full swing here in North Carolina. We definitely had a couple 90 degree days out there. Of course this means grilling season is officially here to stay. Well, I suppose it’s always here to stay for me (even in winter). I thought I would give you all some directions on making some of my black and blue bacon burgers. With blue cheese on the inside and the out, as well as a nice slice of pepper jack on top (as always), it’s definitely on the cheesier side of things. Enjoy!
You actually don’t want this to happen, but I thought the shot looked cool.
(Burger with some grilled veggies and a low carb flat bread, which adds 8 more carbs and is not included in the recipe)
Black and Blue Bacon Burger
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef – 95% Lean 5% Fat
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- Light charcoal grill with a full chimney until there is light ashing on the top coals.
- Put coals in the grill and bank them onto one side (hot zone, cool zone).
- Put grate on and clean grate.
- Cover and let grill heat up.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form patty to be about 1 inch. (If making multiple burgers form more patties). Make dimple in the center of the patty.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Place burger on the hot side of the grill and cover.
- Wait 2 minutes and flip to the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Put burger on the cool side of the grill and cover.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more for medium rare burgers, 3-4 minutes for medium burgers, and 5-6 minutes more for well done.